'Agreement for the sale': Club expects £30M+ bid from Liverpool after verbal personal terms


Long-term Liverpool target Andre made history with Fluminense on Sunday by lifting the Copa Libertadores for the first time in the Brazilian club's history.

The 22-year-old has been linked with a move to the Premier League for several months with a January transfer very likely.

Liverpool appear to be favourites and with a new report surfacing from Brazil, it may soon be that Reds supporters no longer need to worry about a lack of a defensive midfielder in the squad.

The player has reportedly already agreed personal terms with Liverpool so, if true, all that remains is an agreement with Fluminense although interest from Premier League competitors may be an issue.

Liverpool expected to bid over £30 million to sign Andre ahead of Arsenal in January transfer window
Andre was spectacular in midfield for Fluminense on Sunday and despite the intensity of the match, he rose to the occasion and provided a cool head.

Liverpool "sent representatives" to watch the match, according to Brazilian outlet ge.globo, who state that the belief at the club is that "Andre will not continue in 2024 for Fluminense."

The clubs most seriously interested are Liverpool, Arsenal and Fulham but a move abroad will not happen until he competes in the FIFA Club World Cup.

By winning the Copa Libertadores, Fluminense qualified for the tournament scheduled to start on 12 December.

In the summer, Liverpool had a bid of around 30 million euros (£26m) rejected but Globo reports that Fluminense expect an offer in January of around €35 million (€30m).

Andre is key to fully unlocking the potential of Jurgen Klopp's new midfield signings. Without a specialist no.6, Alexis Mac Allister has been forced to play in the role. His form has suffered severely with the World Cup winner's confidence dropping.

Globo claims that Andre wanted to join the club in the summer. The player himself said last week: “There’s a lot of things in the last window that I didn’t talk about it. It was really [an offer] I couldn’t refuse, the club, the league. Every player dreams to play for a big European club, [in a] big European league.

“I decided to keep my word and stay, because when the January window closed, [manager Fernando] Diniz told me he wanted me until the end of the year."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liverpool ready to offer 14 goal star new long-term contract, 25-year-old viewed as future of Merseyside club

Liverpool could plot Xabi Alonso and Bayer Leverkusen raid of Florian Wirtz and four stars

£35 million star has "verbally agreed personal terms" with Liverpool

Romeo Lavia has just tweeted four words as Liverpool transfer rumours swirl

Moises Caicedo now left furious after what Brighton have just done