Liverpool to reject massive Mohamed Salah offer after source's 'huge' Saudi update


Liverpool will not sell star man Mohamed Salah in January whatever offers comes for him from the Saudi Pro League, sources have told Football Insider.

It is believed the Reds’ owners will place a “not for sale” sign at Anfield when Saudi clubs come calling for the Egyptian 31-year-old.

A well-placed source has told Football Insider that there is “huge interest” in Salah from the country’s mega-rich teams, who are keen to make him one of the jewels in their crown in 2024.

Saudi Pro League clubs have already brought the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema and Neymar to the Middle East.

However, it is believed Liverpool have no intention of accepting a winter window offer for Salah – even if he pushes for a move.

Sources told Football Insider last month (7 September) that Al-Ittihad were considering making a bid of around £225million in the final days of Saudi Arabia’s summer transfer window after an initial bid worth up to £150m was rejected.

But Salah remained at Anfield and has been outstanding for Liverpool in the opening stages of the 2023-24 campaign.

The club legend, who is under contract until June 2025, has notched 10 goals and four assists in 13 appearances across all competitions this season, and maintained his excellent form in Sunday’s 3-0 Premier League win over Nottingham Forest.

He earns a reported wage of £350,000-a-week on Merseyside – making him Liverpool’s best-paid player.

The Egypt international, who will miss several games in the new year as he travels to the African Cup of Nations, is out of contract at Anfield until June 2025.

Jurgen Klopp’s side sit fourth in the Premier League and are next in action against Bournemouth in the League Cup on Wednesday (1 November).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liverpool ready to offer 14 goal star new long-term contract, 25-year-old viewed as future of Merseyside club

Liverpool could plot Xabi Alonso and Bayer Leverkusen raid of Florian Wirtz and four stars

£35 million star has "verbally agreed personal terms" with Liverpool

Romeo Lavia has just tweeted four words as Liverpool transfer rumours swirl

Moises Caicedo now left furious after what Brighton have just done